Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Office Clerk Certificate provides students the knowledge of basic office procedures, software fundamentals, and business skills that can be applied in any office. The objective of this program is to prepare students for an entry level office position.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire word processing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled Office Clerks grows. Successful candidates can pursue careers in offices throughout the public and private sectors as general office clerk, office assistant, office clerk, typist, word processor operator. Upward mobility in this role is possible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills Business Correspondence Level 1 and Customer Service
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Office Procedures Level 1
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing