Grade 12 or equivalent graduate or Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses. Good command of the English language, and be able to work with an individualized learning system, particularly the Integrated Learning™ System, or online learning as applicable, and to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
This program is designed to prepare students to write the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows 7 certification exams. The MCSA Windows 7 certification demonstrates knowledge and skills in working with Windows 7 and validates ability to support end users and maintain systems and mobile devices that run Windows 7. In this program student obtains the skills and knowledge required to install, deploy, and upgrade to Windows 7, including ensuring hardware and software compatibility. Additionally, student learns how to configure system settings, Windows security features, network and remote connectivity applications, and mobile computing, as well as various troubleshooting tools and techniques that enable them to address Startup, Group Policy, user profile, logon, and performance issues in Windows 7 in an enterprise network environment.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Support Services
- Helpdesk Support Analyst
- Desktop Support Technician
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Configuring (SSMS680) This course prepares the student to write the exam 70-680 – Windows 7, Configuring. Passing this exam counts as credit towards the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7 certification.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (SSMS685) This course prepares the student to write the exam 70-685 – Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. Passing the prerequisite exam and this exam completes the requirements for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 7 certification.