Grade 12 or equivalent graduate or Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses. Good command of the English language, and be able to work with an individualized learning system, particularly the Integrated Learning™ System, or online learning as applicable, and to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
This program is designed to prepare students to write the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 certification exams. The MCSA Windows Server 2008 certification demonstrates knowledge and skills in working with Windows Server 2008. The certification validates ability to handle day-to-day management of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services; handle software distribution and updates; monitor servers; provide tier-2 troubleshooting support; support engineering and change-management projects; build and configure servers; implement auditing policy; perform scheduled vulnerability-assessment scans; and monitor logs for firewalls and intrusion-detection systems. The MCSA certification builds on a combination of prerequisites exams that will allow students to develop their technical skills and knowledge and prepare them for the role as a Server Administrator.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Systems Administrator
- Server Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Information Systems Administrator
- Network Operations Analyst
- Network Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Active Directory (SSMS640) This course prepares the student to write the exam 70-640 – Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring. Passing this exam counts as credit towards the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 certification.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Configuring Network Infrastructure (SSMS642) This course prepares the student to write the exam 70-642 – Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring.Passing this exam counts as credit towards the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 certification.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Server Administration (SSMS646) This course prepares the student to write the exam 70-646 – Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator. Passing the prerequisite exams and this exam completes the requirements for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 certification.