Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status with successful completion of the required test. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Medical Office Front Desk Assistant Certificate program is designed to provide students with basic keyboarding, word processing, medical language, and administrative skills required for employment as a medical office front desk assistant.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Medical Office Front Desk Assistants work in administrative and support roles in healthcare establishments. Upward mobility in medical assistant roles is feasible with experience, motivation, dedication, and a positive attitude.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Office Skills Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Healthcare Introduction to Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology Parts 1 and 2, and Medical Office Procedures
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 1 Unit
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing