Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of desktop publishing & basic marketing skills to meet the demands of today’s business.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers which correspond to the skills learned include:
- Sales, Marketing and Advertising Assistant
- Office Equipment Operators
- Administrative Support
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Business Skills Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Correspondence Level 1, Business Essentials, Marketing and Sales, and Marketing Administration
- Office Skills Internet Fundamentals and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Graphics/Presentations Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Publisher
- Web Design Dreamweaver
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing