Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Home Inspection Diploma is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools, preparing them for a career in the Home Inspection industry. This program provides training that links with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). This diploma program provides students with:
- Knowledge of roof inspections, focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice
- The ability to handle disputes with effective resolutions
- Comprehension of the structural components of a residential dwelling
- The ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identify the energy source, type, material,condition, and any safety concerns related to thisequipment
- Knowledge to identify typical defects on cooling systems and apply correct inspection techniques
- Awareness of the interior water supply and distribution systems
- The ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior
- The knowledge to build an independent business
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Home Inspection is a fast growing profession. The home inspector takes part in multiple tasks, including the examination and the preparation of a technical report regarding the physical condition of a home. Upon being certified in B.C. by meeting the requirements of the Home Inspection Association B.C. (HIABC), graduates of this program will be prepared to work in either the private or public sector of the home inspection industry, as well as have an opportunity to become self-employed.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, and Basic Bookkeeping Level 1
- Business Skills Customer Service, Business Correspondence Level 1, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
- Accounting QuickBooks Premier
- Home Inspection & Maintenance Roofing Inspection, Structure Inspection, Electrical Inspection, Heating Inspection 1, Heating Inspection 2, Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps, Plumbing Inspection, Exterior Inspection, Interior and Insulation Inspection, Communication and Professional Practice, and Building Your Home Inspection Business
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search & Resume Writing