In the Graphic Designer diploma program, students
learn the software programs that every professional
designer needs to know: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,
and InDesign. Students learn techniques for creating
digital images, illustrations, and layouts, and they
develop a strong theoretical foundation in color,
typography, and composition.
Students gain hands-on experience with a wide range
of graphic design projects, ranging from photo editing
and logo design, to poster design, magazine layouts,
and more. Students learn the essentials of print
production and how to prepare themselves for entry
into the job market.
This program provides students with:
A foundation in the principles of color theory,
typography, and page composition.
Professional skills in the essential tools of the
graphic designer: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,
Proficiency in key Microsoft Office applications.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a
good command of the English language and is able to
follow instructions. All applicants whose first language
is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview and entrance essay will be
administered to determine if the applicant has the
required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take
Full-time students must attend the required hours per
week as per the course schedule and may do so at times
convenient to them.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
Graduates of the program may pursue positions such as:
- Graphic Designer
- Graphic Artist
- Layout Artist
- Layout Designer
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency with Windows OS
- Graphic Design SkillsPhotoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Color Theory,
Fundamentals of Typography, Design and
Composition, Graphic Design, Fundamentals
of Logo Design, Print Production
- PresentationsIntermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Word Processing and Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Office SkillsPersonal Computer Fundamentals, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Internet Fundamentals
- Business SkillsCustomer Service, Marketing and Sales, Project Management Fundamentals, Design Business