Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to join the work force at an entry level with a good general knowledge of an assortment of popular software programs. Each student graduates with a sense of achievement, ensuring the beginning of a successful career.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire wordprocessing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled individuals who possess a good general knowledge of an assortment of programs grows. Such employees are an integral part of today’s business office. Opportunities for advancement are better than ever in this area, especially for those workers who show initiative and are prepared to increase their knowledge of computer applications.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentations Microsoft Publisher
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, Office Procedures Level 1 and Level 2, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 2 Units
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Resume Writing