Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
This program offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills in the most popular computer software applications used in today’s business environment. Graduates will have the skills and knowledge necessary to function effectively in an office.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Graduates of this program have a wide and varied choice of positions available to them. Prospective employers include businesses of various sizes and types.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentation Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data Management Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Help Desk & Call Centre Skills Help Desk Analyst
- Accounting Sage 50 Premium Accounting and QuickBooks Premier
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for Technical Users, Internet Fundamentals, advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, and Basic Bookkeeping Level 1
- Business Skills Customer Service, Business Math, Microsoft Project Level 1, and Project Management Fundamentals Level 1
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 3 Units
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills J ob Search and Résumé Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career