A British Columbia Secondary School Diploma or
equivalent with prior education in English at grade
10 level or higher.
Mature students who pass an entrance evaluation
demonstrating sufficient ability (i.e., English comprehension
and math skills) to undertake the program.
All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
through one of the above requirements or through an
English language assessment (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent).
Co-op Work Experience
In addition to the coursework, students are required
to successfully complete 520 hours of co-op work
experience to obtain a diploma. Co-op placements
may be located throughout British Columbia.
Graduates of the program may pursue a variety of
positions, ranging from Inbound / Outbound Marketing
and Order Desk Support to Reservations and Sales,
Retail Sales Associate, and Call Centre Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
Requires an understanding of software applications
Excellent communication skills
General office / telephone skills
Personal Attributes Required
To be successful in a Business Administration career,
individuals must possess the ability to:
Good customer / client skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Aptitude to learn new software applications
* Not all programs are offered at each location.
This program offers individuals the opportunity to
acquire the skills required by companies that specialize
in customer service and sales. The program develops
general business and professional skills in students, as
well as skills specific to sales, customer service, and
This program provides students with:
A foundation in basic principles of a business,
retail, or call center environment, including current
computer applications, marketing, and sales.
Professional skills in high demand from employers,
including teamwork, communication, customer
service, and problem-solving skills.
Proficiency in key Microsoft Office applications.
- KeyboardingMinimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
- Operating SystemsBasic level of proficiency with Windows OS
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- SpreadsheetsBasic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database ManagementBasic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office SkillsPersonal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Internet Fundamentals
- Help Desk & Call Centre SkillsBusiness Verbal Skills, Telephone Communication Skills, Call Centre Telephone Sales, and Team Dynamics and Personal Development
- Business & Sales SkillsCareer Options and Opportunities, Business Essentials, Customer Service, Marketing and Sales, and Business in the Digital Age