Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program introduces students to wordprocessing and its many applications in the business world. Skilled Administrative Assistants are in great demand by both large corporations and small independent businesses. Students will have the opportunity to learn today's most popular wordprocessing software applications.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire word processing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled Administrative Assistants grows. Administrative Assistants may move into supervisory office positions as their careers progress.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Word Processing Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 2 Units
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Business Skills Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Customer Service, and Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
- Job readiness/Employability Skills Job Search and Résumé Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career