Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide the student with opportunities to acquire and apply the knowledge of computerized accounting procedures, business concepts and office skills to meet the demands of today’s business.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Computerized accounting is a growing area. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled people. Graduates can become employed in the accounting department of a large company as an assistant or be in charge of the accounts in a smaller enterprise.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Graphics/Presentations Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Accounting QuickBooks Premier and Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
Students should complete four (4) credits from any of these groups:
- Office Skills
- Database Management
- Business Skills