Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
This program prepares students to join the work force at an entry level with a good general knowledge of an assortment of popular software programs. Each student graduates with a sense of achievement, ensuring the beginning of a successful career.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire wordprocessing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled individuals who possess a good general knowledge of an assortment of programs grows. Such employees are an integral part of today’s business office. Opportunities for advancement are better than ever in this area, especially for those workers who show initiative and are prepared to increase their knowledge of computer applications.
- Keyboarding Minimum 10 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Graphics/Presentation Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Job Readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
Students should complete three (3) credits from any of these groups:
- Office Skills
- Word processing
- Database Management