Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The objective of this program is to provide students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge of business concepts, as well as gain the necessary computerized accounting and office skills. This program provides graduates with the necessary skills to maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Careers in computerized accounting are continuously in high demand. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled persons in a variety of accounting related positions, including the role of accounting bookkeeper, across the public and private sectors.
- Keyboarding Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
- Word Processing Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 3 Units
- Accounting ACCPAC General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Sage 50 Premium Accounting
- Business Skills Business Math, Management Fundamentals, and Customer Service
- Office Skills Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, and Office Procedures Level 1
- Job readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career