Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instruction. Full time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
This program introduces students to word processing and its many applications in the business world. Skilled Administrative Assistants are in great demand by both large corporations and small independent businesses. Students will have the opportunity to learn today's most popular word processing software applications.
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
As more employers acquire word processing equipment and programs, the labour market for skilled Administrative Assistants grows. Administrative Assistants may move into supervisory office positions as their careers progress.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM).
- Office Skills Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, Internet Fundamentals, and Office Procedures Level 1
- Operating Systems Advanced level of proficiency in a Windows operating system.
- Word Processing Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Database Management Basic level of proficiency in one database application.
- Graphics/Presentations Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Business Skills Customer Service, Punctuation and Writing Skills, and Business Correspondence Level 1, and Workplace Success/Entrepreneurship
- Simulations and Drills Practical Applications – 2 Units
- Job readiness/Employability Skills Thought Patterns for a Successful Career and Job Search & Resume Writing
Thought Patterns for a Successful Career and Job Search & Resume Writing
- Office Skills
- Word processing
- Database Management