MEDICAL OFFICE CLERK
The Medical Office Clerk Certificate Program provides students with the knowledge and skills to become employable in various medical settings as clerical or administrative support.
The program gives students skills in three main areas – comprehensive medical administrative knowledge, which includes medical terminology and transcription, hospital and medical office administrative and clinical procedures; essential computer and office skills, including current software applications and keyboarding skills; and finally, personal and professional development.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Keyboard skills – minimum of 30 wpm
- Successful completion (at least 75%) of an entry test to determine general readiness for learning
- An interview with an admissions officer to determine the apparent appropriateness of training related to the potential student’s needs and aptitudes
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."