MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma Program develops a full range of comprehensive skills related to the medical/health profession in clerical or administrative support. The program gives students the foundation to work in a medical administrative support position by developing competencies and skills in medical office procedures, keyboarding, interpersonal skills, communications, medical/machine transcription, medical terminology and a variety of computer software programs.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Successful completion (at least 75%) of an entry test to determine general readiness for learning
- An interview with an admissions officer to determine the apparent appropriateness of training related to the potential student’s needs and aptitudes
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."