Business Management - Prince Edward Island
The Business Management Certificate is designed to prepare students for management and supervisory level positions in today’s fast-paced business environment.
Its objective is to help students who are seeking to re-enter the business sector, or who are currently working and wish to upgrade their business and supervisory skills in order to further their career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business supervisory skills, business correspondence, project management, customer service, and marketing.
This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing and sales, and customer service.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to their current work environment.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
- Introduction to Keyboarding
- Keyboarding Skill Building Level 1
- Windows Level 1
- Introduction to the Internet
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
*Not all programs are offered at each location.