Web Designer - Ontario
Web designers source and combine the textual content, graphics, interactive elements, and navigation structures that comprise Web sites. Web designers use their artistic and creative vision to design the look and feel of a Web site, and use Web software and programming skills to create Web sites.
Web Designer Responsibilities
Their duties of a Web Designer may include:
- Presenting creative ideas.
- Assessing client and end user needs.
- Consulting with IT professionals to determine how best to incorporate a Web site into existing frameworks.
- Designing the typography, layout, and look and feel of Web pages.
- Designing and incorporating graphics and interactive elements.
- Sourcing, selecting, and organizing information for inclusion in the Web site.
- Testing Web site functionality.
- Updating Web content and maintaining Web sites.
Personal Attributes of a Web Designer
To be successful with a Web Designer career, individuals should possess:
- Ability to embrace and incorporate new technology
- Ability to keep abreast of Web and graphic design trends
- Conceptual and analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Artistic and creative vision
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to balance competing creative visions
- Ability to handle criticism
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex thought processes and ideas in simple terminology
- Willingness to work overtime when required
Career Training Options
Visit our Web & Graphic Design Programs
page for more information on the Web Designer training programs offered at Academy of Learning College.