Medical Office Administration - Ontario
This program provides students with the base knowledge, skills, and work experience to become permanently employable in various medical settings. Skill development is delivered in three areas:
- Comprehensive medical administrative knowledge, which includes medical language and transcription, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, hospital and medical office administrative procedures.
- Full range of computer and office skills, including current software applications, keyboarding skills of 40 wpm, general office management, and accounting, personal and professional development, customer service.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
- Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.