The Law Clerk Diploma program prepares students for the exciting and challenging world of the legal assistant. Graduates will have the knowledge and skills necessary to assist an Ontario lawyer in various practice areas, such as civil litigation, criminal, family, real estate, corporate/commercial and wills/estates practice.
Under a lawyer’s direction, law clerks are responsible for office procedures with a focus on case/file management, time/financial management and client communication/record keeping in compliance with professional standards.
Our courses focus on legal office skills required by today’s legal work environments necessary to perform the tasks of legal research, legal writing, interviewing, legal accounting, document production, file and case management, and use of specialized legal software applications.
Students will be prepared to write one or all of the four (Litigation, Corporate Law, Real Estate, Wills & Estates) Provincial Law Clerk exams.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, or as a mature student who has successfully completed the admissions test.
- Successful completion of admissions interview.
- A good command of the English language (written and oral).
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
Enter Your Name
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."