International Hospitality Management - Ontario
Hospitality is diverse and global in nature and one of the growing industries around the world. The International Hospitality Management Diploma is designed to prepare students for careers in the fast-paced, rewarding and challenging world of hospitality management. The program appeals to individuals who are charismatic, outgoing, capable and energetic. Its objective is to produce qualified graduates, ready to work in hotels and other accommodation services at a supervisory level.
Students will gain a broad range of management and operational skills and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a hospitality service environment. The program provides the skills to progress to higher-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training.
This program provides students with:
- Managerial skills to manage all physical aspects of a hotel, restaurant or hospitality property including: front office, housekeeping, and food service operations
- Supervisory and communication skills essential for effective leadership
- Techniques to develop and maintain high-performance teams
- Strategies to manage human resources and maximize staff productivity striving to exceed guest expectations
- Purchasing strategies and techniques
- Operational capacity for computer systems, such as hardware, software, and generic applications as well as computer-based property management systems
- Marketing strategies to employ in the hospitality industry
Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent) or Mature Student status. Mature students must successfully complete an admissions test. Candidates are required to attend a personal interview with an Admissions Representative.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.