Home Inspection - Ontario
The Home Inspection Diploma is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools, preparing them for a career in the Home Inspection industry. This program provides training that links with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
This diploma program provides students with:
- knowledge of roof inspections, focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice
- the ability to handle disputes with effective resolutions
- comprehension of the structural components of a residential dwelling
- the ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identify the energy source, type, material, condition, and any safety concerns related to this equipment
- knowledge to identify typical defects on cooling systems and apply correct inspection techniques
- awareness of the interior water supply and distribution systems
- the ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior
- the knowledge to build an independent business
- the ability to create, write and deliver reports
- basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them. Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.