COMMUNITY SERVICE & SUPPORT WORKER
The Community Service & Support Worker Diploma program prepares students for a career in either the government or non-government sector, helping to assist at-need people improve their quality of life. Students receive the training to assess and meet their client’s physical, medical, emotional, and behavioural support needs. This program provides graduates with the necessary skills to relate to people effectively and patiently, manage and help to resolve conflicts, and understand the issues and interests of the communities involved.
Graduates are qualified for employment in areas such as social or community services, government or mental health agencies, school transition or family service houses, as well as correctional facilities.
- A Canadian High School Diploma, or out-of-country equivalent, or, mature student status (see following)
- Admissions interview with a Career Consultant (or Admissions Officer)
- Meet with the Financial Aid Officer
Mature Student Status
- Over 19 years old
- Out of school for two years
- Successful result on an aptitude test chosen by the school and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
Enter Your Name
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."