CONFERENCE AND EVENT PLANNER
Meetings, events and conventions are one of the fastest growing segments of the economy and embrace multiple aspects of all industries. The Conference and Event Planner Diploma is designed to prepare students for careers in the fast-paced and exciting world of conference and event management.
This program appeals to individuals who are charismatic, outgoing, energetic, and entrepreneurial, as the Conference and Event Planner plays a dynamic role within any organization. Its objective is to expose students to a broad range of knowledge and processes, administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a conference and event planning related career. The program provides the skills to progress into higher-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training.
This program provides students with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the development and/or implementation of conferences and events for a variety of business sectors.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of planning and coordinating event logistics.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: negotiating, decision making, teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of event planning and marketing practices and principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
Students are required to take some elective courses from prescribed study areas.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
Proficient in keyboarding with speed and accuracy to at least 25 w.p.m, Knowledge of how personal computers work and how they can be used.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
Enter Your Name
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."