PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
This program is designed to standardize training and provide a solid educational base for workers who provide long-term care and support services to individuals in both institutional and community settings.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status
- Passing score on the literacy test
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Fitness to complete the practical components of the program
- Up-to-date immunization (Seasonal Flu and Hepatitis A and B immunizations are recommended) and free of communicable diseases
- Clear Police Check of Criminal Record or a full pardon
- Police checks must include “Vulnerable Position Screening”
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."