Educational Assistant - Manitoba
The Educational Assistant Diploma program is designed to prepare students for working in the education field. Its objective is to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue employment as an Educational Assistant. During the duration of the program, participants will be acquainted with the various disciplines theories and best practices related to child development, children learning processes and teaching techniques, classroom management and student supervision. The program also covers the different roles the Educational Assistant plays in both the special education and early childhood.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student status.
- Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.