Business Skills – Managing and Marketing
HELP DESK AND CALL CENTRE SKILLS
Home Inspection and Maintenance
Job Readiness-Employability Skills
Simulations and Drills-non-credit
Insurance Databases 1 – Applied Systems Courses
Insurance Databases 1 – Applied Systems Course Introduction
The Insurance Databases 1 – Applied Systems course introduces students to the electronic insurance processes. Students use the database to set up client files and complete required forms. They learn how to interpret insurance screens, file claims notices, and perform workflows related to insurance policies. This is an interactive course enabling students to learn by three methods: tell me, show me, and let me see the concepts as introduced in the software. An audio component also exists to support the learning process. Practice exercises and quizzes are included to reinforce the concepts covered and to help students measure their progress.
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows, and Fundamentals of Insurance
This course is designed to provide students with hands-on training in the most commonly used insurance database in Canada.
Of Interest to
Those interested in being employed as an insurance professional or currently employed in the insurance industry and wishing to upgrade their skills.
• Administrative Features & Functions
Windows and TAM Basics; Receptionist; fax@vantage Client; Files; Mail; Document Maintenance; Attachments; eFiling
• Customer Service Representative & Claims
Clients; Online Help Manual; Workflows; Policies; Auto ID Cards; Forms; Certificates; Activities; Memos and Information; Claims; Transactions
• System Administration & Utilities
TAM Reports; Utility Manager; Contracting Support
There is a final exam upon completion of the course. Participants who receive 75% or higher on their exam will receive a certificate.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."