Business Skills – Managing and Marketing
HELP DESK AND CALL CENTRE SKILLS
Home Inspection and Maintenance
Job Readiness-Employability Skills
Simulations and Drills-non-credit
Payroll Fundamentals 1 Courses
Payroll Fundamentals 1 Course Introduction
In the Payroll Fundamentals 1 course, students learn how to apply payroll legislation and calculate individual pay. This includes all components of individual pay from remuneration, through deductions, to net pay for both regular and non-regular situations.
Students will have the content and skills to effectively communicate all aspects of the individual pay calculation process to external and internal stakeholders. This course is designed to provide the payroll student with the theory and knowledge required to:
- Calculate regular individual net pay
- Calculate non-regular individual pay
- Calculate termination payments
- Complete a Record of Employment
- Communicate all aspects of individual pay requirements to stakeholders.
The course includes a pre-test to assess the student’s current knowledge in order to develop their study plan, application exercises to apply concepts to real-life situations, chapter quizzes to review the information learned from the printed material and a post-test to evaluate the student’s learning gain.
Payroll Compliance Legislation.
To introduce basic payroll practices and procedures and provide practical experience in routine payroll administration tasks.
Of Interest to
Those interested in moving into the fields of accounting and payroll.
Payroll Fundamentals 1 Course Breakdown
New Employee Information
Employment Income – Regular Earnings
Employment Income – Allowances, Expenses and Benefits
Termination of Employment
Record of Employment
Course manual provided for on-going reference.
There is a final exam upon completion of the course. This course applies towards the CPA’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification. Successful completion of Payroll Fundamentals 1 is dependent on passing the CPA final exam (60%) for this course, and obtaining an overall course mark of 60%.
A blended course model consisting of printed material and online exercises, quizzes and exams.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."