Business Skills – Managing and Marketing
HELP DESK AND CALL CENTRE SKILLS
Home Inspection and Maintenance
Job Readiness-Employability Skills
Simulations and Drills-non-credit
Payroll Compliance Legislation Courses
Payroll Compliance Legislation Course Introduction
The Payroll Compliance Legislation course introduces students to payroll compliance responsibilities that affect organizations.
This course is designed to provide the payroll student with the theory and knowledge required to:
- Describe payroll’s objectives and stakeholders
- Identify an employer/employee relationship
- Communicate the payroll compliance requirements to various stakeholders
- Apply federal and provincial legislation to payroll
- the Canada Pension Plan
- the Employment Insurance Act
- the Income Tax Act
- employment standards legislation
- Workers’ Compensation Acts
- Québec-specific legislation
The course includes a pre-test to assess the student’s current knowledge in order to develop their study plan, application exercises to apply concepts to real-life situations, chapter quizzes to review the information learned from the printed material and a post-test to evaluate the student’s learning gain.
None, although a thorough understanding of mathematical principles will increase the probability of success in this course.
To provide students with the payroll-related legislation affecting organizations, as well as the tools to find information and apply that information to different scenarios in relation to individual pay.
Of Interest to
Those interested in moving into the fields of accounting and payroll.
Payroll Compliance Legislation Course Breakdown
Payroll and Its Compliance Environment
Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance
Labour Standards – Employment Standards
Labour Standards – Collective Agreements
Provincial and Territorial Legislation Outside Québec
Course manual provided for on-going reference.
There is a final exam upon completion of the course. This course applies towards the CPA’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification. Successful completion of Payroll Compliance Legislation is dependent on passing the CPA final exam (60%) for this course, and obtaining an overall course mark of 60%.
A blended course model consisting of printed material and online exercises, quizzes and exams.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."