Project Administration - British Columbia
Project Management is a function of business that is growing in relevance, recognition and scope. The Project Administration program is positioned as an entry-level opportunity to this profession and will allow our students a competitive advantage in this untapped market segment.
Our program is designed to prepare students for the industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation, in addition to software, business and employability skills necessary to be successful as members of a project management team.
The certification coupled with other skills acquired from the diploma will give students opportunities for career growth and advancement.
This program provides students with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the coordination and/or administration of projects for a variety of business sectors.
- The knowledge competencies towards preparation of industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: negotiating, decision making, teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of project administration and management practices and principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
Prospective students must be Grade 12 graduates, or equivalent, or have Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses. The minimum passing grade for this examination is 75%.
- Introduction to Keyboarding
- Keyboard Skill Building Level 1
- Introduction to Personal Computers
- Introduction to the Internet
- Windows Level 1
*Not all programs are offered at each location.