This program provides students with the necessary skill and knowledge to plan, install, and provide routine control over and manage exceptional situations in relation to quality communications network services in an information system.
It provides in-depth knowledge on evaluating communications hardware, software and transmission service alternatives against changing business requirements; maintaining links with network suppliers; monitoring network performance; providing support for systems; localizing and rectifying faults in networks and handling non-routine user/customer problems; and providing expertise and practical assistance in delivering service that complies with statutory and other standards, as well as strategic and tactical plans.
- Grade 12 or equivalent graduate or Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Good command of the English language, and be able to work with an individualized learning system, particularly the Integrated Learning™ System or online training, as applicable, and to follow instructions.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Candidates must be able to keyboard at a minimum speed of 25 words per minute and have a fundamental understanding of basic computer concepts and the Internet.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
Enter Your Name
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."