The Home Inspection Certificate is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools, preparing them for a career in the Home Inspection industry.
This program provides training that links with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
This certificate program provides students with:
- Knowledge of roof inspections, focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice
- The ability to handle disputes with effective resolutions
- Comprehension of the structural components of a residential dwelling
- The ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identify the energy source, type, material, condition, and any safety concerns related to this equipment
- Knowledge to identify typical defects on cooling systems and apply correct inspection techniques
- Awareness of the interior water supply and distribution systems
- The ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior
- The knowledge to build an independent business
Prospective students must be Grade 12 graduates, or equivalent, or have Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses. The minimum passing grade for this examination is 75%.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."