MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (NEW!)
The Medical Office Assistant Diploma program provides students with the base knowledge, skills, and work experience to become permanently employable in various medical settings. Students will learn how to manage a medical office including record maintenance, scheduling appointments, taking vital signs and billing procedures. In addition, students will also receive WHMIS, CPR and First Aid training during the program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment to detail, confidentiality and integrity.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, and meet the minimum provincial age requirement.
- Successful completion of admissions interview and testing for adequate entry-level skills.
- A clear and relevant Criminal Records Check.
- A good command of the English language (written and oral).
- Good listening skills and tactful
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with people from all walks of life
- An adequate level of physical health to meet the requirements of the program and prospective employment.
*Not all programs are offered at each location.
- Accounting Graduate - Dharmendra's Story "It built my confidence to work in Canada."
- Healthcare Graduate - Josie's Story "Academy of Learning prepared me to work in the real world."
- Office Administration Graduate - Luz's Story "They created an incredible environment for students."
- Healthcare Graduate - Carolyn's Story "It's a very positive experience."