Business Management - British Columbia
The Business Management Certificate is designed to prepare students for management and supervisory level positions in today’s fast-paced business environment. Its objective is to help students who are seeking to reenter the business sector, or who are currently working and wish to upgrade their business and supervisory skills in order to further their career.
Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business supervisory skills, business correspondence, project management, customer service, and marketing.
This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing and sales, and customer service.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to their current work environment.
Prospective students must be Grade 12 graduates, or equivalent, or have Mature Student status (19 years of age or over with at least one year out of high school) and subject to the discretion of the college Director. Grade 12 or equivalent graduates who cannot supply appropriate proof and Mature Students will be required to complete an entrance examination to properly assess their personal strengths and weaknesses. The minimum passing grade for this examination is 75%.
- Introduction to Keyboarding
- Keyboard Skill Building Level 1
- Introduction to the Internet
- Windows Level 1
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
*Not all programs are offered at each location.